Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a Journey-Level Carpenter in our Portland Office. The Handyman Services Journey-Level Carpenter is directly responsible to his/her Project Manager.
The Handyman Services is responsible for working in compliance with company-established standards for paperwork and processes, and customer, trade contractor, and vendor relationships. The Handyman Services is defined as one who has met the journey-level standards and is responsible for participating in specified company public relations and marketing efforts.
- Carpentry labor, job clean up, job safety;
- All phases of residential remodeling such as: drywall repair, interior painting, light electrical and plumbing work, finish carpentry and cabinet installation;
- Protecting customer’s property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property;
- Providing supervision of Field Personnel when necessary;
- Knowing and understanding all job related paper work, i.e. permits, plans, change orders and specifications;
- Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Neil Kelly Company contracts with our clients and subcontractors.
- Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pick-up and delivery of materials;
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Carpenter
- Must be able to perform physical exertion typically found on construction sites which includes but will not be limited to: carrying, lifting, climbing, crawling, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, and hauling. Each will be expected to lift, on a regular basis, between 50-100 pounds. This will include regular lifting of 30-50 pounds over his/her head, and occasionally lifting up to 75-90 pounds over his/her head.
- Must be adaptable; Job site situations vary greatly and Journey-level Carpenters may work inside or outside, on even and uneven surfaces, on roofs and ladders, under structures, and in other physical situations.
- Must be able to meet all Neil Kelly Company and OSHA safety requirements, including supporting the Neil Kelly Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- Each Construction department employee (which includes Journey-level Carpenters) is expected to supply and maintain her or his own power and hand tools according to Neil Kelly standard tool and safety policies.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Job Posting Reference Number and Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Please click here for a complete job description.
Neil Kelly is a Union Contractor. If not a current Carpenters’ Union member, you will be asked to join upon hire. Neil Kelly Carpenters provide their own van (or pick-up with canopy) and tools and will receive mileage reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement and a tool stipend. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and good benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.