Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced residential salesperson in its Portland office with knowledge of some/all of the following areas of expertise: weatherization / home improvement / roofing and windows / energy efficiency.
The Home Improvement Salesperson is responsible for working with the client from the initial call through project completion and coordinating with a team that consists of a Project Manager, a BPI Certified Analyst, Weatherization Techs and Carpenters.
- Interviewing the client in order to determine home improvement assessment needs in conjunction with the BPI Certified Auditor and by way of the testing process, remodeling or repair needs, budget, and financing needs. Assisting with the client’s obtaining financing as necessary;
- Estimating, presenting, and selling the project using other production staff members, and internal or external designers as needed;
- Providing Neil Kelly Company with the signed contract, specifications, sketches and/or plans as necessary, cost sheet, selections, rescission papers, notice of right to lien, and all other pertinent project details;
- Arranging and scheduling necessary meetings with the client;
- Working with the Project Manager and assist by either actual site visits or consulting regularly with the Project Manager, project trade contractors and workers;
- Coordinating the billing process (down payments, progress payments, and final billing) with the office staff, and reviewing all for accuracy;
- Maintaining a company-provided presentation book, any necessary catalogs, and pricing information;
- Participating in training programs offered by the company to include: technical training related to Home Improvement, use of pricing and ordering information, product information, computer training as required to perform the work assigned, sales training, and other classes as required by the management team;
- Quality control, profit, service, and client satisfaction are the responsibility of the Home Improvement Salesperson throughout the life of the project warranty.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 + years’ experience in residential construction preferred.
- Experience in estimating and selling weatherization / home improvement / roofing and windows / energy efficiency projects preferred.
- Must have the ability to deliver and produce projects within approved time schedules and budgets.
- Must have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, trade contractors, vendors / dealers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills in both spoken and written English is required.
- Must be a team player, organized and have the ability to prioritize work, as well as accurate and detail oriented.
- Some training may be available to a candidate with fundamental knowledge and a positive attitude.
- BPI Certification is strong plus but not required.
Neil Kelly Design Associate’s provide their own vehicle and must have license, insurance, and a good driving record. This position receives mileage and cell phone reimbursement. Regular travel between offices and jobsites is also required. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a waged position with benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com