Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a Home Performance/Solar Construction Helper in our Portland location. The Home Performance / Solar Construction Helper is responsible to help install photo-voltaic systems, insulation and provides general help to the Home Performance Journey level workers.
This is a full-time position aimed to be 40 hours per week, but with work hours varying with project volume. Work hours are Monday thru Friday. This is an hourly waged position with a weekly payday. This position is eligible for the regular Neil Kelly benefits package.
- Assembles and loads material for installs and service calls.
- Carry out safety procedures, i.e. set and strap ladders, anchor plates for harnesses, address safety hazards and communicate with co-workers- this position will be working on roofs, in attics and in crawl spaces.
- Gather assembled job material and place at key locations on jobsite, i.e., tools and hardware.
- Meets and greet customer upon arrival to jobsite.
- Jobsite clean-up.
- Attend team meetings.
- Complete commissioning paperwork
- Additional duties required as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to carry, lift, climb, crawl, stoop, squat, push, pull, and haul in variety of situation which include but are not limited to: indoors or outside, on even and uneven surfaces, on roofs and ladders, under structures, and in other physical situations.
- Must be able life 50- 70 pounds regularly.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills.
- Must be safety minded and abide by Neil Kelly safety standards.
- Expected to maintain a current First Aid/CPR card (classes provided).
We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and good benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Job Posting Reference Number and Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com