Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager Assistant in our Seattle office. The Project Manager Assistant will help the individual Project Managers with their daily tasks. This position reports directly to the location General Manager and works on a day to day basis with individual Project Managers. The Project Manager Assistant’s work is to be job-costed except with the approval of the General Manager.
This person is expected to work in compliance with Neil Kelly Company established standards for paperwork and processes.
- Preparing project meeting agendas, coordination of meeting times and places, visiting job sites;
- Procuring building permits, facilitation of building permit inspections;
- Ordering materials, picking up and delivering small materials, receiving materials at the warehouse;
- Conducting safety checks and inspections;
- Preparing budgets, preparing billings, preparing schedules, collating trade contractor packages;
- Assisting Project Managers with service work prior to the end of the first year after project finalization;
- Assisting the VP Production, the location General Manager, and Project Managers, and trade contractors with client concerns and service work between the first and fifth anniversary of the project finalization (5-Yr Limited Warranty);
- Demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Project and various other computer software applications;
- Maintaining and updating the location available labor list, lead times for permits and trade contractor’s availability schedule on a weekly basis;
- Performing clerical tasks; operating a variety of office machines and equipment, copying, performing basic mathematical computation, and using a calculator for record keeping;
- Coordinate work with the PM Assistant in other offices as appropriate;
- Other duties as they arise and time allows.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of general administrative assistance experience,
- Construction experience is a strong plus.
- Must have time management experience, a proven attention to detail and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have strong writing and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), be well-spoken, professional, and have a sense of humor.
- Good attendance and punctuality are critical in this position.
- Must have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
This position requires a variety of physical activities including walking, climbing, sitting, standing, crawling, stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling, occasionally lifting up to 80 pounds with necessary accommodation (not a requirement for those who cannot lift that amount with accommodation), and visual inspecting.
Neil Kelly Project Manager Assistant’s provide their own vehicle and must have license, insurance, and a good driving record. The Project manager Assistant uses their personal vehicle for regular travel between offices and jobsites as required. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation, mileage reimbursement and great benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Job Posting Reference Number and Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com