Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a highly skilled Residential Remodeling Carpenter in our Portland operations. The Journey-Level Carpenter works with others in Neil Kelly’s Design/Build Remodeling and Home Performance Divisions. Our projects include, but are not limited to whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and residential retrofits related to energy efficiency.
- Carpentry high quality craftsmanship labor and job safety;
- Protecting customer’s property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property;
- Providing supervision of Field Personnel when necessary;
- Knowing and understanding all job related paper work, ie. permits, plans, change orders and specifications;
- Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Neil Kelly Company contracts with our clients and trade contractors.
- Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pick-up and delivery of materials;
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ experience in residential finish work and remodeling.
- Able to work with a crew or alone to complete demo, site protection, framing, window and door installation, exterior trim and interior finish work.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Possess superior client service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others on the jobsite (Apprentices and Truck Drivers).
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and detailed specifications.
- Experience with weatherization is a plus.
Neil Kelly Carpenters provide their own van (or pick-up with canopy) and tools and will receive mileage reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement and a tool stipend. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for the complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job, salary requirements, tool list, vehicle type and your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.