Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced or entry level Framer in our Seattle branch. The Framer works with others in Neil Kelly’s Design/Build Remodeling Division. Our projects include, but are not limited to whole house remodels, additions, kitchens, baths and basement conversions.
- Production residential or tract framing, demo, job safety;
- Protecting customer’s property from undue dust and debris. Providing customer security by locking up each day and making sure no hazards are left that could cause injury to customers, their pets or property;
- Providing supervision of Field Personnel when necessary;
- Knowing and understanding all job related paper work, ie. Permits, plans, change orders and specifications;
- Assisting the Project Manager in meeting the specifications of the Neil Kelly Company contracts with our clients and trade contractors.
- Checking all materials for quality and accuracy as it arrives at the job site, pick-up and delivery of materials;
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in residential framing and/or remodeling.
- Experience with concrete forming and placing a plus.
- Able to work with a crew or alone to complete demo, site protection, framing, window installation, and siding.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Possess superior client service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others on the jobsite (Apprentices and Truck Drivers) and work with other trades.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and detailed specifications.
This position may grow into a lead or master carpenter position based on performance and ability to acquire new skills. Job training will be provided to individuals with the desire to advance.
Neil Kelly Carpenters provide their own van (or pick-up with canopy) and tools and will receive mileage reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement, incentive bonuses and a tool stipend. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits that include family health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacation and sick days as well as a generous pension plan.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for the complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job, salary requirements, tool list, vehicle type and your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.