Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced Design Consultant in our Seattle office. The Design Consultant is responsible for working with the client from the initial client contact and design through project completion. This position creates and sells innovative, high quality designs and constructively is responsible for working in compliance with company established standards for processes, and customer, subcontractor, and vendor relationships. The Design Consultant is responsible for participating in specified company public relations and marketing activities.
- Interviewing the client in order to determine remodeling needs, budget, and financing needs. Assisting with the client’s obtaining financing if required;
- Designing, estimating, presenting, and selling the project using other staff members and outside resources as needed;
- Securing client approval for the project contract, specifications, sketches or plans as needed, finance papers, cost sheet, selections and legal documentation.
- Managing the design and sales process with clients and Neil Kelly teammates.
- Pricing all materials, labor and trade contractor costs to develop a firm price contract.
- Reviewing of job cost status provided by the Project Manager on a regular basis;
- Coordinating the billing process with the office staff (down payments, progress payments and final billing) and reviewing all for accuracy;
- Generating leads in company workshops, seminars and through participating in professional industry organizations.
- Working assigned weekly showroom floor hours and during special events such as home shows and company open houses;
- Participate in training programs offered by the company that are intended to expand appropriate skills, generate qualifications for certifications, and grow personal success.
- Neil Kelly provides a team concept of Client, Design Consultant, Design Associate, Carpenter, and Project Manager. Company management is to remain in a support capacity and to remain outside the project until and unless involvement is requested by both the Design Consultant and the Project Manager, or the Client.
- Quality control, profit, service, and client satisfaction remain the responsibility of both the Design Consultant and the Project Manager throughout the life of the project warranty.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience designing, estimating, and selling work to residential clients.
- Must be able to provide a portfolio of built design work, and have a proven track record in sales.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills that include; empathy, listening, ability to assess client’s needs, a sense of humor and personal accountability.
- Sales Management experience is a huge plus!
- Experience in proven direct-to-homeowner sales success including effective skills in time management, process management, self-discipline, self-motivation, client presentation, public speaking and written communication.
- Degree in Interior Architecture, Interior Design, or Architecture is a plus.
Neil Kelly Design Associate’s provide their own vehicle and must have license, insurance, and a good driving record. This position receives mileage and cell phone reimbursement. Regular travel between offices and jobsites is also required. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a waged position with benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.