Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a highly skilled an Accounting Manager in our Portland operations. The Accounting Manager performs work requiring knowledge of the theory and practice of generally accepted accounting principles related to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing, general ledger and double entry bookkeeping. In addition to his or her own duties, this person manages the payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and job set-up functions within the department.
Managing, training, supervising, and reviewing accounting and payroll clerks;
- Preparing and posting general journal entries, preparing detail analysis of various general ledger accounts;
- Preparing payroll labor distribution for month end journal entry; payroll taxes; analyzing and preparing indirect labor distribution for month end journal entry; preparing payroll ACH transactions;
- Preparing monthly commission statements and quarterly incentive bonuses for Designer / Consultants and Project Managers; preparing estimated commission balances report;
- Reconciliation of monthly bank statements and preparation of related journal entries;
- Preparing and posting month end adjustments to jobs; general ledger accounts; and accounts receivable;
- Preparing and filing quarterly and annual reports such as Washington State Sales Taxes, various city business and occupational taxes, payroll tax reports for Federal and State, trade union reports, workers’ compensation insurance for Oregon and Washington, and company 401(k) reporting;
- Maintaining employee payroll set-ups; tax, insurance, and fringe benefit tables; costed rates for hourly employees, union rate increases;
- Preparing other reports and performing other accounting tasks as directed by the Controller and /or the Management Team;
- Attending training sessions required to remain current in job specific issues.
- Not all the work performed is specifically described, and other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ experience with at least 2 years’ in Management/supervisory role.
- Must be able to apply accounting principles to the recording, classification, analysis, and reconciliation of financial data.
- Must be able to prepare statistical accounting reports; maintaining general ledger accounts and being able to spot and correct inaccuracies; and a strong focus on accuracy in checking and comparing numbers and other information.
- Candidate must possess the ability to prioritize and work on concurrent projects with little supervision, and have the ability to effectively communicate in written and spoken English.
- This person must have the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with employees in all divisions and have a strong internal and external customer focus.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.