Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for an experienced Design Associate in our Portland office. The Design Associate is responsible for working with one or more Design Consultants and provides support services such as AutoCAD work, administrative support, materials research, job site measurements, organizational, estimating and scheduling assistance. This specific position will be responsible for large technical projects and requires a professional demeanor.
- Drafting layouts, elevations, and construction details for residential and light commercial projects, and making print copies as required. This will often include on-site measuring and site inspections;
- Assist in preparation of project document packets. This may include delivery and pick-up of documents, completing forms, and copying. Related to this, the Design Associate may also be asked to meet trade contractors and/or building inspectors on the job;
- Compiling material samples and selections for client projects, which includes visiting area showrooms and suppliers to obtain materials, and may include creating color / materials boards;
- Assisting the Designer/Consultants in the writing and creating of specifications, trade-contractor bid procurement, and project estimating;
- Assisting in setting up displays for trade shows, special events, and in our showrooms as requested. This will include pick-up and delivery of small materials, work with trade-contractors and suppliers, participation on design committees, and other work as required by the specific project;
- Assisting with maintenance of the price-books, samples, and product literature. This may include work on the computer, calling trade-contractors, and related research;
- Participating in training programs offered by the company to include use of price-books for general work and cabinet estimating, computer training as required to perform the work assigned, design training, sales training, and other classes as required by the management team. Design Associates may be asked to participate in one of our certification programs (Certified Kitchen Designer, Certified Bath Designer, and others) depending on the particular position they fill;
- Providing backup phone and reception duties on occasion as necessary;
- Other general duties as they arise.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in construction and/or residential design.Degree in architecture interior design, interior architecture or housing design.
- Strong portfolio of demonstrated work.
- A high degree of comfort and expertise in AutoCAD is required.
- Must have the ability to meet wok on multiple projects concurrently with different teams and tight deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented, have strong verbal and written communication, and be a direct communicator.
- Experience with Sketch-up a strong plus.
- Experience in residential kitchen and bath design and cabinetry preferred.
Neil Kelly Design Associate’s provide their own vehicle and must have a valid drivers license, and proof of insurance. This position receives mileage and cell phone reimbursement. Regular travel between offices and jobsites is also required. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment, competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a waged position with benefits.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com
Incomplete applications may not be considered.