Job Summary: Neil Kelly Co., a 70-year-old, family-owned residential remodeling contractor, has an immediate opening for a Journey-Level Sales Carpenter in our Eugene Office. The Handyman Services Sales Consultant/Journey-Level Carpenter is responsible for working with the client, from the initial client contact until the project’s final payment is collected. This position is responsible for packaging and selling projects that will meet the quality and profit standards established by Neil Kelly Company.
The Handyman Services Sales Carpenter is responsible for working in compliance with company-established standards for paperwork and processes, and customer, trade contractor, and vendor relationships. This position is defined as one who has met the journey-level standards and is responsible for participating in specified company public relations and marketing efforts.
- Interviewing the client in order to determine remodeling/repair, budget, and financing needs. Assisting with the client’s obtaining financing if required;
- Estimating, presenting and selling the project using other staff members with internal and external designers as needed;
- Providing the Neil Kelly Company with signed contract, specifications, sketches or plans as needed, cost sheet, selections, revision papers, notice of right to lien, and all other pertinent project details;
- Arranging and scheduling necessary meetings with the client;
- Managing the project by either actual site visits or consulting regularly with the job trade contractors and workers;
- Coordinating the billing process (down payments, progress payments, and final billing) with the office staff, and reviewing all for accuracy;
- Maintaining a company-provided presentation book, product catalog, and pricing information;
- Attending the regular general staff meeting and other sales-related meetings that pertain to the
- Participating in training programs offered by the company, to include: use of price books for general work and cabinet estimating, computer training as required to performs the work assigned, sales training, and other classes as required by the management team;
- Generation of all job related paperwork, i.e., permits, plans, specifications, contracts, change orders, billings, estimate sheets, sales sheets, plus any other assigned or required paperwork;
- Participate on a rotating emergency service program for weekends and Evenings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in residential finish work with an emphasis on remodeling;
- Possess Journey-level skills and feel comfortable working with clients to estimate and sell projects as well as perform the necessary carpentry work.
- Must be organized and detail oriented, possess superior client service and communication skills.
- Have the demonstrated ability to supervise the work of others on the jobsite (Carpenter Assistants, Laborers, and Trades).
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and detailed specifications.
- Some prior sales experience is a plus.
Neil Kelly Carpenters provide their own van (or pick-up with canopy) and tools and will receive mileage reimbursement, cell phone reimbursement and a tool stipend. We require a good driving record, valid license and insurance. We provide a friendly, team-based work environment and great benefits. This is an hourly wage plus commission.
Neil Kelly is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. This is a drug free workplace.
Please click here for a complete job description.
How to Apply:
Send an e-mail with Job Posting Reference Number and Position Title in Subject line. Send cover letter that outlines experience directly related to the essential functions of the job and note salary requirements as well as your resume to HR@Neilkelly.com